ServiceNet is the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for Western Australian Government.
ServiceNet has a focus on providing High Availability Internet Services, complemented with robust IT Security.
ServiceNet facilitates access to aggregated ICT services for the purpose of delivering lower-cost, standardised services to WA Government agencies.
- Is a branch of the Department of Finance
- Is not mandated and a cost-recovery business
- Is aligned with whole-of-government initiatives and strategies
- Aggregates the procurement of ICT services for the purpose of delivering lower-cost, standardised services to Government agencies
- Manages contracts with industry to support ICT services using Government-owned infrastructure.
Base Internet services
- High availability Internet services, incorporating Intrusion Detection Services (IDS) and two layers of Internet and inter-agency Firewalling
- Border content management and WA Government DNS services
- Web-based Client agency views – Bandwidth and Email management
- Email Blacklist, Anti-Virus and Anti-SPAM scanning
- On-Net traffic / Wide Area Network for ServiceNet agencies
- Technical support and Helpdesk services
- Self-Service Portal – including DNS Portal and Traffic usage (Netflow Analyser)